We get it. Workstation Engineering is our no-frills database storage program for a no-frills price. It lets prospects sample just a bit of the full power of our library database. But Workstation Engineering was never intended to be a permanent nor efficient solution to sort, archive, or review your video inspections.
Let’s review Workstation Engineering's limitations:
- Local drive basic video library sorting--No Server or Cloud options.
- Licensed for a single user.
- Holds up to 2,500 sessions per database--adequate storage if you’re small or new and plan to stay that way. For anyone else, that space will fill up fast.
- Stored on a Microsoft Access Database. Sooner than later, slow-downs happen.
- No SQL option at this level.
- No support on a shared network.
- No connectivity to a GIS system.
In spite of these limitations, many of our partners try to “get by” with Workstation Engineering long after they’ve outgrown it. Worse, our tech support operators receive calls frequently from those same clients because the program isn’t working right, and they really don’t want to hear our techs say that “Workstation Engineering is insufficient for your needs.
Workstation Engineering was never intended to be a permanent nor efficient solution...
We understand. No one likes to hear about additional charges and licensing fees if they think they can get by with what they have for just a bit longer.
But here’s the hard truth. When your engineers are spending all their time on the phone with our tech support instead of doubling or tripling billable results for your clients, you’re no longer getting by, you’re losing money.
With that in mind, let’s look at out most economic upgrade, POSM Storage, and the incredible leap in efficiency and functionality that delivers on the promise Workstation Engineering teases. Let’s take a look.
- Your entire inspection library stored on a Local Server drive.
- Option to upgrade to SQL or Cloud Storage.
- Accessible to unlimited authorized users.
- Storage inspection efficiency upgrade from 2,500 to +10,000 videos on a Microsoft Access Database before experiencing significant hardware slow-down.
Limitation: No GIS synchronization.
With all that added functionality which we can upgrade you to at an incredible value when you contact us, there’s no good reason to remain with Workstation Engineering.
POSM Storage ... the incredible leap in efficiency and functionality
Here’s the overview of our even more powerful Video Inspection Database upgrades.
POSM Server is our Office option with two-way GIS synchronization tools to keep all your engineers in touch with all your Closed Circuit TV data.
Inspection Library storage options: Local Server or NEW Cloud drive option.
POSM Server-in-a-Box is another great new upgrade. Server-in-a-Box is the do-it-yourself hosting option for those who like total control.
Server-in-a-Box arrives ready to use right out of the… uh… box. Just hook up a monitor, keyboard and mouse, enter our security key, and it’s ready to run. You maintain absolute control: firewalls, security, backups, organization. Your database, your way. Includes a Cloud storage option.
Server-in-a-Box arrives fully loaded and ready to run, with nothing more to buy, ever.
Bottom line: If you suspect that Workstation Engineering is holding you back, it is! Don’t continue trying to get by with a program created to be a starting point, not a destination. Contact our tech support today to discuss which video library database option makes the most sense for you!