View, Explore, Print, And Utilize GIS Maps And Data Within POSM.
POSM Map Reader Is A New, User-Friendly, Interactive Mapping Application That Allows POSM Pro Users To Quickly And Accurately Retrieve And Input Their Inspection Data Into A Session.
- Precise auto-panning GPS navigation helps field crews locate pipe locations.
- POSM Pro utilizes pipe and manhole layer data from GIS records to auto-fill all known information from GIS to the inspection header.
- Passes unique pipe or manhole identifier to POSM Pro, eliminating the need to search manually.
- Data such as observation X and Y points are calculated based off map projections and may be displayed in GIS applications.
- Allows users to view and print custom maps from the truck, including a highlighted list of inspections completed.
- Create and share dynamic digital maps.
POSM Map Reader Overview.
POSM Map Reader uses: a published ESRI map to display map data, GPS to locate the current position, links to POSM inspections, and enables POSM inspections to be started by clicking on the map.
By enabling the GPS Layer into the map, a NEMA GPS receiver may be used to find quickly the position on the map. Once the pipe identifier field has been set, the user may click on the map and have the identifier sent to POSM.
The map may also be used to enable hyperlinks when the map is clicked. This function allows the end user to open the POSM inspection that is stored on the POSM Server.*
*Requires POSM Office Server Edition to allow web access to POSM Server data.
Search functions have been built into the map. This allows the user to select a layer and field to search the map. Search results are highlighted on the map. The user may zoom to the selected features or center at the selected features by clicking the zoom and center buttons.
Click here to download the PDF version of this page.
Click here for the POSM License Agreement.
ESRI Certified Business Partner.